I was craving for Kenny Rogers Roasters corn muffin so I decided to make one myself here at home. The ingredients are easy to find and I already have some at home since I did some baking few weeks back. I needed ground cornmeal for the muffin which I luckily got from Healthy Options in SM Aura for Php 145.75. I sometimes feel like I would have a hard time gathering the ingredients since some are not widely available here in Manila.
The recipe I got was from food.com and yet again, I made some adjustments and additionals:
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup white refined sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 medium eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup full cream milk
3/4 cup kernel corn
3/4 cup cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 392°F
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, honey and salt. I used a hand mixer to cream the ingredients together. Make sure butter is a bit softened for easier mixing.
- Add flour, baking powder and cornmeal.
- Mix the milk little by little. Continue mixing.
- Add corn kernels. Make sure it is incorporated very well.
- Grease pan then put batter. I used an ice cream scoop for easier transfer of the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20-23 mins. then transfer to a wire rack to cool down. Enjoy!
Lia shared a muffin with daddy!
I like mine served with milk. 😊